Field Service Manager - SAINT JOHN
Field Service Manager
What You’ll Do – The Role (Responsibilities)
- Lead the Field Service Technicians to exceed sales revenue, gross margins, and income forecasts.
- Take the lead on work order review and revenue recognition initiatives in order to contribute to the overall branch budget goals.
- Complete regular ride-alongs with Technicians, providing technical and procedural coaching and mentoring.
- Provide direction and support to Technicians, holding them accountable for quality, productivity, and customer service.
- In collaboration with the dispatch team, ensure that Technician time is optimized in terms of billable service, while ensuring the right Technician with the right skills for the job is dispatched in the most efficient manner and that all required job details (reports, hours, parts, comments) are accurately executed in-system.
- Provide leadership in achieving Service Metrics Targets and customer satisfaction.
- Take a pro-active approach to resolving any customer complaints or disputes while continuing to promote a high standard of customer service. This will involve direct customer contact with established negotiation authority.
- Ensure that all Health & Safety requirements are followed and continually work to reduce our risk.
- Manage and approve Technician timecard including overtime and double-time.
- Assist with determining required staffing levels, related recruiting, and orientations.
- Perform technician one-on-ones, performance management and employee development.
- Review and debrief projects, resulting in efficiencies and lessons learned in order to improve profitability.
- Increase technician productivity with the objective of improving our competitiveness and increasing income. This will include making equipment and supplies purchase recommendations and orders.
- Ensure hours used to perform work are reflective of hours allotted, and where exceptions are encountered, all possible steps are taken to mitigate future issues.
- Partner with Service Sales to ensure customer acquisition, renewals, and customer loyalty are optimized.
- Human resource duties include; monthly one-to-one meetings, timely employee coaching meetings, employee development, team building events, safety and training support and assistance with recruiting, disciplinary action, etc. (work with HR as required).
- Perform random site audits to ensure that our services consistently achieve the highest standards in our industry.
- Lead weekly team huddles to discuss wins/losses and opportunities to improve our customer experience.
- Other tasks and responsibilities as deemed necessary and relevant.
What You Need (Requirements)
- 5+ years of Service Technician experience in generator industry required.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office and computers.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable personal vehicle required.
- Strong HR management, interpersonal, and customer service skills.
- Team building, coaching, training, with the ability to coordinate activities, and improve task efficiency.
- Excellent communication; verbal and written.
- Problem solving, negotiation, decision making, and judgment.
- Excellent organizational skills with strong multi-tasking capabilities
- In the case of a power outage or declared State of Emergency by any level of Government in Ontario, be available for work.
- Travel and overtime as required. Participation in the after-hours on call rotation required.
- Lifting or moving up to 40lbs may be required.
SOUNDS LIKE YOU?? APPLY NOW – email@example.com
A little bit about Us…
Proudly Canadian and respected throughout the industry, we have built our success through expertise, integrity, and innovation in providing on-site power generating solutions nationwide. For more than 60 years, our unparalleled reputation for delivering the right generator solution and superior customer service has been built by our loyal Customers.
Our growth & culture: As Canada’s 1st Choice for PowerGen, we’ve been growing quickly and aim to keep doing so – if you want to be part of our success story, join our family, and grow with us! Our employees are our biggest asset; their engagement and passion are the key to our success. We EMPOWER them to be ENGAGED!
Selected candidates with disabilities who require support in the selection process will be accommodated to the best of our ability. Please let us know how we can help.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No Agencies please.