Field Service Technician – Edmonton, AB
Generator Field Service Technician
- 100% Employer Paid Medical and Dental Benefits
- Employer RRSP Matching Program
- Annual Health/Wellness Spending Accounts
- Professional Growth & Development
What You’ll Do – The Role (Responsibilities)
- Perform emergency service, preventative maintenance, repairs, troubleshooting, and instruction for customer generators as efficiently as possible.
- Test, measure, and verify electrical component operations, including energized components and electrical fields.
- Program, test, connect transfer switches and trouble shoot both generators and synchronizing controls system.
- Conduct startups and load bank tests as required.
- Operate / diagnose engine driven gensets powered by diesel or natural gas.
- Build strong customer relationships by engaging in positive, professional communications.
- Maintain all company tools and materials, including an accurate inventory of parts.
- Communicate with the Supervisor on all aspects of service.
- Complete required service and equipment performance reports as required.
What You’ll Need (Requirements)
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a generator field service technician.
- College-level Power Generation Diploma, Certified Mechanic with electrical skills or Licensed Electrician with mechanical skills preferred.
- A valid AB driver’s license in good standing.
- Working knowledge of D/C and A/C electrical systems.
- Mechanical, engine, and electrical trouble shooting skills.
- Superior customer service skills and track record.
- Comfortable using MS Office suite including Outlook suite.
- The ability to work efficiently with minimal supervision.
- In the case of a power outage or declared State of Emergency by any level of Government, be available for work.
- After hours On-Call – Required
- Heavy lifting and physical exertion are required.
- Full time position plus approved OT, ability to work irregular hours.
- Willing to work locally and throughout the Province of British Columbia
- Travel will be required. A valid passport and ability to enter the US for factory training may be required on occasion.
SOUNDS LIKE YOU?? APPLY NOW – firstname.lastname@example.org
A little bit about Us…
Proudly Canadian and respected throughout the industry, we have built our success through expertise, integrity and innovation in providing on-site power generating solutions nationwide. For more than 60 years, our unparalleled reputation for delivering the right generator solution and superior customer service has been built by our loyal Customers. Visit us at www.totalpower.ca to learn more about us.
Our growth: As Canada’s 1st Choice for PowerGen, we’ve been growing quickly and aim to keep doing so – if you want to be part of our success story, join our family and grow with us!
Our culture: Our employees are our biggest asset; their engagement and passion are the key to our success. We EMPOWER them to be ENGAGED!
“Thank you for making this company a very warming and welcoming place to work and do business in.” – Service Manager
Selected candidates with disabilities who require support in the selection process will be accommodated to the best of our ability. Please let us know how we can help.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No Agencies please.