Technical Support Manager - Mississauga
Technical Support Manager
The Technical Support Manager will be responsible for ensuring that the day-to-day technical operations of the Service Operations department are supported while following TPGS policies. In this role, you will respond to technical calls from TPGS Field Service Technicians (Rental, Service and Fuels Division) providing real-time support. You will influence and assist the quoting and successful completion of complex repairs and commissioning efforts throughout the organization. You will become a product specialist and will attend supplier/manufacturer training and you will conduct internal training for other technical staff. Support the equipment sales team in converting complex projects from the conceptual/engineering phase to the field implementation/commissioning stage.
What You’ll Do – The Role (Responsibilities)
- Establish and operate a “Technician Hotline” to assist all technicians across the company with technical issues.
- Assist Repairs team with preparing technical proposals, costing sheets and other customer facing related documents with a goal of maximizing sales potential and profitability in the assigned territory and market.
- Participate in supplier technical training and develop and provide technical training for personnel at TPGS.
- Develop “Service Bulletins” addressing common failures.
- Work closely with customers, service personnel and management to meet or exceed client requirements.
- Assist in commissioning, and repairs on equipment within Total Powers territory for the more complex projects.
- Interface with the Equipment Sales team on technical projects where needed.
- Record accurate on site, travel, and administrative time on all Total Power Documents.
- Work with others and the company to achieve higher standards, better customer relationships, and exceed company objectives.
- Adhere to all health and safety rules and recommendations. Never make compromises in a situation that is potentially unsafe for yourself or others.
- Always wear company subsidized “green patch” work boots, safety glasses, hearing protection, face shields/ masks and recommend to supervisor any other job-related safety/ protective equipment required.
- Complete all documentation accurately, completely, and legibly during or immediately following the work assigned. You are responsible for delivering work orders, inspection reports, and all other applicable documentation to the appropriate administrative personnel on a timely basis.
- You are provided with a company vehicle that must be operated in keeping with the Company Policy on “Technician Fleet Policy”. This vehicle is your responsibility. Do not overload your vehicle and follow all Ministry of Transportation rules and regulations.
- In the case of a power outage or declared State of Emergency by any level of Government, be available for work.
- Provide critical input on strategic direction for TPGS service teams.
- Assist in hiring top talent.
- Consult and advise on market conditions, trends, competitive information, and new technologies.
- Assist in managing key client relationships.
- Provide guidance in developing and maintaining field service-related operational processes and programs.
What You Need (Requirements)
- +5 years’ generator Field Service experience
- College level Power Generation Diploma, Licensed Mechanic, or Licensed Electrician with mechanical skills
- Required to pass all Generac courses up to and including Industrial.
- Forklift certification or equivalent experience (training provided as needed).
- Provide/Maintain personal hand tools.
- Maintain a valid Driver’s License.
- Ability to drive large trucks and tow equipment.
- Strong understanding of engines and complex controls
- Strong understanding of transfer switches & controllers
- Participate in regular H&S training and pass related competency testing. Example training:
- Arc Flash
- Fall arrest
- Electrical Safety
- Travel required both within and outside province.
- After hours calls
- Manual dexterity required to achieve site and generator service access.
- Ability to work irregular hours / overtime (7X24 service business).
- Heavy lifting or moving up to 100lbs may be required.
- Physical exertion: walking, standing, bending, climbing stairs / ladders.
- Working at heights & confined space.
- Working on outdoor and indoor generators in all weather conditions.
- Working with lubricants, coolant, and other chemicals.
- Working independently and with others.
- Working in an environment with mandatory safety requirements.
SOUNDS LIKE YOU?? APPLY NOW – email@example.com
A little bit about Us…
Proudly Canadian and respected throughout the industry, we have built our success through expertise, integrity, and innovation in providing on-site power generating solutions nationwide. For more than 60 years, our unparalleled reputation for delivering the right generator solution and superior customer service has been built by our loyal Customers.
Our growth & culture: As Canada’s 1st Choice for PowerGen, we’ve been growing quickly and aim to keep doing so – if you want to be part of our success story, join our family, and grow with us! Our employees are our biggest asset; their engagement and passion are the key to our success. We EMPOWER them to be ENGAGED!
Selected candidates with disabilities who require support in the selection process will be accommodated to the best of our ability. Please let us know how we can help.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No Agencies please.